There are several IRC channels on Freenode dedicated to IPFS, and it’s a great place for live chat:
- Use #ipfs on irc.freenode.org for general IPFS usage and community chat.
- Use #ipfs-dev on irc.freenode.org for discussing implementation details, especially if you are contributing code to IPFS.
For longer-lived discussions and for support, please use the discussion forums at https://discuss.ipfs.io instead of IRC! It’s easy for complex discussions to get lost in a sea of new messages on IRC.
If you’re new to IRC, there are lots of mobile and desktop clients for working with it. Here are a few to get you started:
- IRCCloud on the web and desktop
- Textual or Adium on macOS
- mIRC or HexChat on Windows
- XChat or Irssi on Linux
Was this information helpful?
Thank you for the feedback.
Edit this page in GitHub or open an issue